About Desktop Alerts
Desktop alerts only appear automatically when messages arrive in the main Outlook Inbox folder. However, you can create a rule that pops up a desktop alert whenever a message is sent to your e-mail address.
To do so:
- Select the Inbox you want to do this for in the Navigation Pane.
- Click Rules in the ribbon. Click Create Rule in the menu that appears. This opens the Create Rule dialog box.
- Click the Advanced Options button to open the Rules Wizard.
- In the Select condition(s) box you should find a condition that says, “sent to” followed by the e-mail address you are working on. Select this condition, then click the Next button.
- In the Select action(s) box find and select the display a Desktop Alert action.
- Click Finish.
You will now see Desktop Alerts whenever messages are sent to this e-mail address.
From here you can:
Go to the Customizing Desktop Alerts page.
Go to the Outlook 2010 Tips for Mail and Contacts page.
Go to the General Outlook 2010 Tips page.
Go to the main Outlook 2010 Tips page.
Find More Info…