How to Automatically empty the Deleted Items folder in Outlook 2010
Here’s another quick and easy Outlook 2010 tip. A lot of people like to configure Outlook to automatically empty the Deleted Items folder every time they close the program. This video shows how it is done in Outlook 2010.
- Click the File tab to open the “Backstage” view.
- Click Options in Backstage view to open the “Outlook Options” window.
- Click Advanced in the left-hand column to open the “Advanced” tabbed page.
- In the Outlook Start and Exit section, set the “Empty Deleted Items folder when exiting Outlook” check box.
- You probably don’t want Outlook to ask you whether you want to empty the Deleted Items folder every time you close the program, so scroll down to the section named “Other.”
- Clear the “Prompt for confirmation before permanently deleting items” checkbox.
- Click the OK button at the bottom of the window to exit Backstage view and return to the main Outlook window.
That does it. Now your Deleted Items folder will be emptied automatically every time you close Outlook 2010.
From here you can:
Go to the General Outlook 2010 Tips page
Go to the main Outlook 2010 Tips page
Find More Info…